Hello and welcome in to this cosy corner of the internet where you can find out more about me, Zoe, and about what services I offer. My work is entirely tied in to supporting new parents and so here you will find out about my birth and postnatal doula services as well as infant feeding support, closing the bones and antenatal preparation.
Doulas are not a new thing, women have been supporting other women in pregnancy, when giving birth and after a baby is born, for as long as history goes. If you feel drawn to asking a doula to be there with you, either before, during or after the birth and you want to know a bit more then you’ve found a great place! You can also check out Doula UK for more information. As for me, I am a woman who has birthed her own babies and am now supporting other women during this transitional time. I am constantly learning and finding new and old ways to help you. I am not a health professional, I work for you directly and I am able to support you in a meaningful way. These are some of things I do, which might be of benefit to you:
- As a doula, I am not a medical professional. I work for you directly and can respond to your individual needs.
- So that you can make informed decisions, I will provide you with information or help you to find it, and talk through it with you, if you need. I will not tell you what to do.
- I am able to get to know you in pregnancy. I can come to your home and build a relationship with you so that on the birth of your baby, there is someone with you who understands your needs.
- Your circumstances and choices will be supported and respected by me. I am able to support your family in the way which suits you best.
- If you are on your own then I can support you. If you have a partner then I can support both of you. My role is to be part of your team.
- Doulas support Dads too.
As I’ve learned more about birthing practices and postnatal support for women, I’ve experienced and learned how to do Closing the Bones. This is such a beautiful and significant way to mark this special time and allow a person to reflect on their birth experience in a safe space.
Supporting women and their partners to find their own way through pregnancy, birth and the postnatal period is important to me. If you are looking for someone who can provide you with information and some antenatal preparation, then I can bring my knowledge and experience to your home and guide you and your partner through a series of antenatal sessions tailored to your needs.
Feel free to browse around this site and if you have any questions then please just get in touch, I’d love to hear from you,